All About Cat’s Eye Gemstone: Meaning , Uses, Benefits & More.
Cat’s Eye Gemstone
Cat's Eye gemstones, also known as "Lehsunia" or "Vaidurya," are a variety of chrysoberyl and are known for their distinctive chatoyant (cat's eye) effect. This effect is caused by the parallel inclusions of fine, needle-like minerals within the stone.
From an astrological perspective, Cat's Eye is associated with the planet Ketu, which is one of the nine celestial bodies in Hindu astrology. According to astrological beliefs, wearing a Cat's Eye gemstone can help mitigate the negative effects of Ketu, such as uncertainty, fear, and loss. It is believed to provide the wearer with good fortune, wealth, and spiritual enlightenment.
The cat's eye has been known for centuries, and has been used in jewelry and other decorative items since ancient times. It was particularly popular in the Art Deco period, when jewelry designers incorporated the stone into elegant and ornate pieces.
In terms of its history, the cat's eye was first discovered in the early 19th century in Ceylon (modern-day Sri Lanka), which was a major source of the stone for many years. Today, the stone is also found in other countries including Brazil, East Africa, and India, and is still highly sought after for its unique beauty.
Importance of Cat’s Eye Gemstone
In astrology, the cat's eye gemstone is associated with the planet Ketu, which is one of the nine celestial bodies or "navagraha" in Hindu astrology. According to this belief system, Ketu is considered to be a shadowy and mysterious planet that represents spiritual enlightenment and detachment from material possessions.
In Vedic astrology, it is believed that wearing a cat's eye can help alleviate problems caused by a weak or afflicted Ketu in one's horoscope. This can include issues related to financial instability, unexpected losses, and health problems, among others. It is also believed to be particularly beneficial for people born under the Scorpio or Taurus zodiac signs, as these signs are governed by Ketu.
Benefits of Cat’s Eye Gemstone
From an astrology perspective, some of the benefits of wearing a cat's eye gemstone are believed to include:
- Protection from negative energies: It is believed that the cat's eye gemstone has the ability to protect the wearer from negative energies and evil spirits, providing a sense of security and peace of mind.
- Improved financial stability: The cat's eye is said to help alleviate financial problems caused by a weak Ketu in one's horoscope. It is believed to attract wealth and bring good luck, especially for people born under the Scorpio or Taurus zodiac signs.
- Better health: It is believed that wearing a cat's eye can improve overall health and help alleviate problems related to the digestive system, skin, and reproductive system, among others.
- Improved mental clarity: The cat's eye is said to help clear the mind and improve concentration, making it a good choice for those who need to be alert and focused.
- Spiritual growth: As the cat's eye is associated with Ketu, which represents spiritual enlightenment and detachment from material possessions, it is believed to promote spiritual growth and a deeper connection with one's inner self.
What are the Precautions You Should Take While Using Pearl Gemstone?
- People with Ketu positioned in the 2nd, 7th, 8th, or 12th house in their astrological chart should refrain from wearing a cat's eye gemstone as it may result in monetary losses.
- Wearing a cat's eye gemstone with other gems such as topaz, pearl, ruby, or diamond is not recommended as it can result in financial difficulties.
- A cat's eye gemstone with four or more stripes is not considered favorable and should be avoided.
- Before wearing a cat's eye, it is imperative to consult with an astrologer as incorrect usage may lead to heart and brain related health issues.
- The value and durability of a cat's eye can be impacted by treatments used to enhance its appearance, so it is best to opt for an untreated stone if using it for astrological purposes.
Cat’s Eye Gemstone Pricing
The pricing of a cat's eye gemstone in India can vary widely based on several factors, including the quality of the stone, its size, and its origin. For a high-quality, untreated cat's eye stone weighing around 3-5 carats, you can expect to pay anywhere from 5,000 to 25,000 INR or more. The price may increase for larger stones or stones with better clarity and color. Stones sourced from Sri Lanka and India tend to be less expensive, while stones from Brazil and Africa can be more expensive. It's also important to note that treated stones will typically be less expensive than untreated stones, but their value may not be as high in the long run. So, it's important to choose a reputable source and to invest in a high-quality, untreated stone if you plan to use the cat's eye gemstone for astrological purposes.
How to Choose the Right Cat’s Eye Gemstone for You
Choosing the right cat's eye gemstone requires careful consideration of several important factors. The first step is to consult with a qualified astrologer who can help you determine if the cat's eye gemstone is suitable for your individual horoscope. The astrologer can also recommend the best size, quality, and type of stone for your needs. In terms of quality, consider the color, clarity, and cut of the stone, as well as any treatments it may have undergone. It is best to choose an untreated stone with good color and clarity, as treated stones may not have the same astrological benefits. The size of the stone can also affect its effectiveness, with larger stones generally considered to be more powerful. Finally, consider the origin of the stone, as some regions are known for producing higher-quality cat’s eye gemstones. By taking these factors into consideration and seeking the advice of an astrologer, you can be confident that you are choosing the right cat's eye gemstone for you.
The cat’s eye gemstone has a rich history and astrological significance, with its powers believed to bring good luck, wealth, and success to the wearer. However, it is important to choose a high-quality, untreated stone and to seek the advice of a qualified astrologer to determine its suitability and best use. Proper care and precautions should also be taken when wearing the stone to ensure its longevity and maximum benefits. Whether for personal or astrological reasons, a cat eye gemstone can be a valuable addition to any jewelry collection.